I am moving. What do I need to do?
Call the Water Department at 734-287-6550 a few days before you know you’re going to be moving out of your home. A customer service representative will set up an appointment to obtain a final read and determine if access to the home is required. In most cases we can obtain an actual read from the outside. There is a $20 charge for this service that will be placed directly on your final bill. Final bills can be picked up at city offices or mailed. Water is not shut off for final water readings unless specifically requested.

Change of Mailing Address Form (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. I am moving. What do I need to do?
2. How can I pay my water and sewer bill?
3. How can I reach the Water and Sewer Department outside of normal business hours?
4. What happens when a water main breaks?
5. My water is discolored. What does this mean?
6. How do I turn my water off at the curb?
7. How long will the water be off?
8. How do I get my meter replaced?
9. How do I report a water main break?
10. Why is my water bill so high?
11. How do I receive an actual or final reading?
12. What do I do if I have a water leak?