Wayne County has partnered with the Detroit Economic Development Corporation (DEGC) to provide the Michigan Small Business Relief Grant during the COVID-19 crisis. Applications for this loan will be available on the DEGC web site no later than Wednesday, April 1, possibly earlier.
The $1.6M fund offers grants up to $10,000. Qualifying expenses are payroll, rent and/or other operating expenses for businesses in Wayne County.
- Criteria to qualify include:
- 50 employees or less
- Business sections listed in the Governor’s COVID-19 Executive Orders, or demonstrate that business have been otherwise affected by the pandemic
- Demonstrate income loss as a result of governor’s order
- Demonstrate availability of working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, etc.
- Non-profits who meet the criteria will be considered.
For more information, click here
To contact the partnership, email economicdevelopment@WayneCounty.com