If you are a homeowner in Michigan and you experienced a financial or COVID-19-related hardship on or after January 21, 2022, Wayne Metro can help you submit an application for the Michigan Homeowner Assistance Fund (see the flyer below).
Who Is Eligible?
- Homeowners with household incomes less than 150% of Area Median Income (AMI)
- Homeowners who own and occupy the property as their primary residence
- Homeowners must have and explain a financial hardship directly related to COVID-19 on or after January 21, 2020
Up to $25,000 Grant Per Household to Pay:
- Delinquent mortgage/housing expenses, including property tax and insurance escrow shortages
- Delinquent land contract payments, mobile home consumer loan payments or mobile home park lot payments
- Delinquent property taxes
- Delinquent condominium/homeowners' association fees
- Delinquent homeowner's insurance,
- Delinquent utilities, gas, electric, water, sewer
- Delinquent internet broadband services
Call (313) 244-0274 for more information.